This is a super simple salad dressing that is based off of my favorite salad at Union Square Cafe in New York City.
- 1 hearty pinch of Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taster
- 2 teaspoons of water
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 4 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive
- In the bottom of the salad bowl you intend to serve in, add the salt, pepper, water, shallots, garlic, mustard, vinegar and whisk together and then, as you continue to whisk, add the olive oil to incorporate it fulling into the mustard.
- I like to add butter leaf lettuce on top and some mustard croutons, shredded gruyere cheese and just toss before serving.