Ingredients for Risotto
- 2-3 tablespoons of the chicken grease left in the skillet after the thighs are cooked
- 3 shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 1/3 cup roasted red pepper, rough chopped (you can also buy store jarred)
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 4 cups hot chicken broth
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup green onions, copped
- Maldon Sea Salt
- Red pepper flakes
- When you finish making the skillet chicken, remove the chicken and pour out all but two/three tablespoons of the remaining chicken grease. Scrape up, but leave in the skillet all of the chicken bits on the bottom. Put the skillet over a medium flame and add the rice shallot. Sauté until the shallots are translucent.
- Lower the flame to a simmer, add the wine and red peppers and stir until the liquid is almost fully absorbed in the rice. Then do so with the chicken stock, one cup at a time, taking about twenty minutes in total. The rice should be creamy and al dente. No one likes mushy risotto, it is disgusting.
- Take off the heat and add two tablespoons of butter, cheese, green onions and salt/red pepper flakes to taste. Plate the risotto and top with a chicken thigh.