Nobuyuki “Nobu” Matsuhisa is the mastermind Japanese celebrity chef who created amazing dishes fusing traditional Japanese cuisine with Peruvian ingredients. His restaurants span the globe and for good reason, the food is excellent. His restaurant in Malibu is one of the best dining experiences, in cuisine, atmosphere, and views.
Having a cocktail out on the deck is a great way to start your meal. Here is one of the Chef’s iconic cocktails that I first tried on Sullivan’s Island at a house warming party and was the first drink I ordered when I made my way back too the Nobu in Washington, DC.
Makes two drinks
- 4 ounces of top quality vodka
- 4 ounces sake
- 4 pieces of pickled ginger
- 4-6 slices of hothouse cucumbers, sliced ultra thin
- Combine the vodka, sake, ginger in a shaker loaded with ice, shake the heck out of it and when you think you have done enough, do some more.
- Pour into two martini glasses and garnish with the cucumbers.
- Serve immediately.