Yes. Don’t be deceived by this innocent-sounding holiday beverage as the schnapps is 100 proof and packs a punch. This is great by a fire on a cold day as it can really warm up a crowd… literally.
- 4 cup of whole milk
- 10 Andes Creme De Menthe Thins, wrappers removed, separated (6 chopped and four grated for topping)
- 4 cups of Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 2 teaspoons espresso powder
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon sugar, separated
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vinalla
- 1/4 cup, or to taste, Rumple Minze Peppermint Schnapps Liqueur
- Place a sauce pan over medium heat and add the milk, the semi sweet chocolate , 6 of the Andes (chopped), espresso and a tablespoon of the sugar. Stir until all the chocolate has melted and incorporated into the milk, leave hot on the stove.
- Whisk the cream, a teaspoon of sugar and vanilla with a mixer fitted with the whisk attachment until the cream has soft peaks.
- Pour the hot chocolate into a blender, add the schnapps and blend. Use an oven mitt to hold the top on. Pour in mugs, put a dollop of whipped cream on top and go sit by the fire or any comfy spot.