We are working to make these easy-to-cook treats a little better looking, but they are so good that we will still keep putting them out for guests just the way they are, for now.
- 1 pound button mushrooms, wiped clean with a paper towel and stems removed for another use
- 1 cup marsala wine
- 2 cups of Rao’s Marinara Sauce
- 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 2 balls of fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 package of fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Turn your oven to broil with the wrack in the upper two thirds.
- Turn on your grill to medium high and shut the lid for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, put the cup of marsala wine in a mixing bowl and toss the mushrooms, letting them sit and soak in the wine, then grill for 2 minutes on each side
- Place a sauce pan over medium heat and add the red pepper flakes. Let them open up over the heat for 5 minutes, then add the sauce and cook down for 15 minutes
- Place the grilled mushrooms on a baking sheet, fill the cap with sauce, layer over it with a torn basil leaf that covers the cap, then cut a piece of mozzarella to size and put on top, Broil until bubbly and browning, then remove, sprinkle with grated parmesan and serve.