This is spicy variation of LPB’s world famous Herbed Mustard Shrimp with some added heat. Using small locally-sourced fresh shrimp for the tacos makes for an amazing lunch. You can serve this with just about anything, from chips to couscous (see below.)
It’s a great casual lunch for just about any occasion.
Serves 12 tacos.
- 2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 ounces/ 1 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, zested and the juiced
- 1 cup Mr Olive Jalapeno Slices (Delicatessen Style)
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, finely chopped (a little extra to garnish)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled and rough chopped
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 12 flour or corn tortillas
- Tzatziki (You will need a cup for the tacos, save the rest for a million more uses that week)
- Blue Cheese Cilantro Sauce (optional)
- 1 cup extra sharp cheddar cheese
- Sriracha Sauce
- Lay the shrimp out over paper towels and pat dry. Lightly salt and pepper them.
- In a large non-reactive mixing bowl, whisk together the olive oil, mustard, lemon zest and juice, then add the herbs, parmesan cheese, garlic, basil and dill, mix together with a spatula. Add the shrimp, mix again until fully coated. Cover the bowl and put in the refrigerator, then let marinate for 4 hours and no more than 6. This is also a good time to make the sauces and let the flavors intensify in the refrigerator.
- Clean and oil the grill, then fire it up to full blast and shut the lid for 15 minutes.
- Harpoon the shrimp on wooden skewers by placing one shrimp, then a jalapeño ring from the marinade, and repeating until complete. Open the grill for two minutes each side, remove, then quickly grill the tortillas. You want them to remain soft.
- Take the shrimp off the skewers and place in a bowl. On a board, put the stack of tortillas, bowl of shrimp topped with a little dill and basil, the bowls of Tzatziki, blue cheese cilantro sauce, fresh cilantro, cheddar cheese, a bottle of Sriracha. Ring the bell and lunch is on.
Perfect side dishes for tacos: