This is spicy variation of LPB’s world famous Herbed Mustard Shrimp with some added heat and using small locally sourced fresh shrimp for the tacos makes an amazing lunch. You can serve this with just about anything from chips to couscous (see below.)
It’s a great casual lunch for just about any occasion.
Serves 12 tacos
- 2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 ounces/ 1 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, zested and the juiced
- 1 cup Mr Olive Jalapeno Slices (Delicatessen Style)
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, finely chopped (a little extra to garnish)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled and rough chopped
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 12 flour or corn tortillas
- Tzatziki (You will need a cup for the tacos, save the rest for a million more uses that week)
- Blue Cheese Cilantro Sauce (optional)
- 1 cup extra sharp cheddar cheese
- Sriracha Sauce
- Lay the shrimp out over paper towel and pat dry, lightly salt and pepper them
- In a large non-reactive mixing bowl whisk together the olive oil, mustard, lemon zest and juice, then add the herbs, parmesan cheese, garlic, basil and dill, mix together with a spatula. Add the shrimp, mix again until full coated. Cover the bowl and put in the refrigerator and let marinate for 4 hours and no more than 6. This is also a good time to make the sauces and let them let the flavors intensify in the refrigerator.
- Clean and oil the grill then fire it up to full blast and shut the lid for 15 minutes.
- Harpoon the shrimp on wooden skewers by placing one shrimp then a jalapeño ring from the marinade and repeating until complete. Open the grill for two minutes each side, remove then quickly grill the tortillas. You want them to remain soft.
- Take the shrimp off the skewers and place in a bowl, then on a board put the stack of tortillas, bowl of shrimp topped with a little dill and basil, the bowls of Tzatziki, blue cheese cilantro sauce, fresh cilantro, cheddar cheese, a bottle of Sriracha. Ring the bell and lunch is on.
Perfect side dishes for tacos: