Don’t judge. Sometimes a tasty snack that reminds you of growing up can be a delicious party treat. I buy high quality mini hotdogs and wrap them in thickly-sliced hickory smoked bacon from the butcher, and they are always the first to go. I am a big fan of “Fork in the Road” min dogs made with pasture-raised beef that I can only find at Whole Foods. I would avoid the basic supermarket mini dogs as they are overly salted, way too small and have little flavor.
- One package of high quality mini dogs
- 1 pound hickory smoke bacon from your butcher, thickly sliced
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees and place a rack in the center.
- Lay a slice of bacon on a cutting board. Begin to roll the mini dog until it overlaps by 3/4 of an inch, then put a toothpick through the side where there is the overlap, and push it all the way through.
- Place on a baking sheet and cook for ten minutes. Flip them and cook for another ten, and serve.