Our version of a Tuscan steak takes 24 hours to marinate in herbs, garlic, spices and olive oil. Grill this quickly on a high heat and salt and drizzle with olive oil again; you’ll have a flavorful dinner. I like to serve with roasted red peppers and basil. No reason to serve this on a heavy starch and take away from such a great cut of meat.
We have another Tuscan ribeye recipe but does not require marinating overnight. This is the more traditional approach for those who don’t want as strong of a flavor profile.
- 6 1 inch thick rib eye steaks
- 12 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 1/2 cups extra virgin olive oil (more for finishing after grilling)
- 8 sprigs of rosemary, leaves only
- 12 sprigs of thyme, leaves only
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons of Maldon Sea Salt (more for finishing after grilling)
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 hours in advance of cooking, take the garlic, olive oil, rosemary, thyme, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper, and pulse 5-6 times in a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Mix the steaks and the marinade until covered and refrigerate. Take out an hour before grilling.
- Turn the grill on full blast and shut the lid for 15 minutes. Cook the steaks 2 1/2 minutes each side, and let rest for 15 minutes. Drizzle with olive oil and salt, and serve.