This is an easy dish: budget friendly and great for summer grilling. The mix of olive oil, dijon mustard, herbs, garlic and jalapeños will elevate the traditional chicken paillard to a more complex flavor profile. This is a faster and easier version of our world famous spatchcock chicken.
- 6 boneless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
- 2 cups dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 12 jalapeño peppers, stemmed but not seeded, sliced in 1/8 inch slices
- 4 lemons, zested and juiced
- 8 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup parmasen cheese
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup dill, roughly chipped (more for finishing)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Take a gallon zip-lock bag and put in one chicken breast in at a time. Use a kitchen mallet to flatten the chicken until it’s about 1/2 inch thick, then set aside.
- Whisk together the mustard and olive oil, then mix in the rest, including the spent lemons. Toss the chicken in and stir until every breast is covered. Let sit in the refrigerator for 8 hours.
- Fire up the grill to a full roar with the lid down and let it heat up for at least 15 minutes. Then, throw on the breasts for 4-5 minutes per side. Plate, and sprinkle some additional basil, dill and Parmesan before serving.
- You can also toss on some fresh lemon wedges.
0 comments on “Grilled Jalapeño Mustard Herbed Chicken”