This mixture of soy sauce, brown sugar and Sambal sauce creates tangy marinade for the small chicken wings and drums. Be sure to marinate for 24 hours and grill on a very hot grill to char the chicken. The sauce is easy to make with Marie’s Chunky Blue Cheese dressing. Just add Sriracha and chopped cilantro.
- 2-3 pounds of small chicken wings and drumsticks
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup Sambal Oelek Sauce
- 1 large jar of Marie’s Extra Chunky Blue Cheese Dressing
- 2 tablespoons of Sriracha Sauce
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- Over high heat, place a sauce pan with the sugar, soy and Sambal sauce, bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer and cook down for 10 minutes. Let cool in the refrigerator and then mix with the chicken, put in a gallon ziplock bag and let marinate for 24 hours.
- Take the jar of dressing in a large bowl, mix in the cilantro and Sriracha and set aside.
- Brush canola oil on the grill and turn on high, shut the lid and let heat up for 15 minutes, grill the chicken for 2-3 minutes a side (unless you get the larger chicken drums which can take 7-10 minutes.
- Serve with sauce.