BLT Steak has an amazing appetizer of grilled bacon with a chimichurri sauce – a delicious start to dinner. We made out own version of the sauce, using basil instead of parsley, which pairs perfectly with the smoking bacon just off the grill.
- 1 pound bacon, cut extra thick
- 4 zucchinis cut 1/4 inches thick lengthwise
- 1 cup basil
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chives
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup sherry wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Turn your grill on medium high, shut the lid and let it heat up for 15 minutes. Grill the bacon for 3-4 minutes a side, until lightly charred, with grill marks on the strips, set aside on a serving tray, do the same with the zucchini.
- In a food processor pulse together all of the other ingredients 4-5 times, creating a rough chop but mincing the garlic. Drizzle on top of the bacon.
0 comments on “Grilled Bacon & Zucchini w/ Basil Dressing”