This marinade goes well with a marbled ribeye fired on a red hot pre-heated grill. You’ll let marinate for a full 24 hours for a sweet and picky streak. I like 1 inch cut steaks so the marble can have a good char to it.
For 6 people.
- 3 1 inch thick boneless rib eye steaks that have been pricked with a fork 6 times to each steak
- 1 cup Sambal Oelek Sauce
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup soy sauce
- Maldon sea salt
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Add the Sambal, sugar and soy, and whisk together in a sauce pan over high hear until it bubbles. Then, put on medium-low and reduce by 1/3. This will take 10 minutes or so. Let cool to room temperature, place the sauce and steaks in a gallon zip log back and marinate for 24 hours
- Take the steaks out of the fridge, but keep in the bag an hour before grilling.
- Turn your grill on full blast, shut the lid and let it get as hot as possible.
- Throw the steak on for 2 minutes each side and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice, then salt to taste and drizzle olive oil on top.