Wow. I love the amazing flavors of chicken thighs. The dark meat is delicious, tender and juice with a crisp skin served over a jalapeño medley with a side of grilled veggies. This is the ultimate easy, quick, cheap and amazing delicious weeknight dinner that is no guilt!
- Make the the skillet chicken thighs
- 6 jalapeño peppers. seeded and sliced
- 2 red hot chili peppers (not the band,) seeded and sliced
- 1 cup of ruby port wine
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Make the skillet roasted chicken thighs which is very easy by searing the skin side for a few minutes on a high hear, lowering and cook off on the stove top then put in the oven to finish off.
- When the chicken is done, remove the crip golden brown thighs and leave about two tablespoons of the chicken grease in, toss in the jalapeños and red hot chili peppers for 7 minutes, add the port wine and butter, then cook down by half, season to taste and put on the bottom of a serving platter, add chicken to top and serve