If you want an amazing casual party with easy-to-eat yet delicious food, then make this steak taco. It’s so jam-packed with flavor that it will put your guests on the back of their heels. Really, it’s just the combination of our world-famous marinated skirt steak, tzatziki, and some extras like cilantro, pickled red onions, shredded sharp cheddar cheese, and chopped jalapeños.
The greatest part about this you can (and should) make it all the day before, as you want the steak to marinate and the flavors of the tzatziki to blend. This means on the day of the party, you only need to do a few tasks and you’ll have food for 6 to 60 people.
- 3 pounds of marinated skirt steak, do this 24 hours in advance to marinade
- Homemade tzatziki with fresh herbs, make a day in advance so the flavors blend, but not critical
- 16 ounces of extra sharp cheese shredded
- Flour tortillas, mid sized
- Jalapeños, seeded, stemmed and chopped
- Thinly sliced red onions, soaked in red wine vinegar for an hour, then drained
- Fresh cilantro, rough chopped
- Sriracha sauce
- 24 hours in advance, make the skirt steak and homemade tzatziki. Refrigerate overnight.
- On the day of, prepare all the ingredients above and create a taco bar.
- Grill the steak, let rest for 10 minutes then slice into thin strips.
- Lightly grill the flour tortillas to warm them, but not make them crispy.
- The proper taco is the tortilla, then cheese, steak on top, tzatziki and the rest is up to who likes what.
Pingback: The Dinner Party for the 4th of July – Cooking Conveniently and with Purpose #LPBcooks