Light summer couscous served cold in summertime makes a great side to just about anything. This is a very easy and quick dish to make with fresh herbs and lemon to compliment the brined feta cheese and tricolor couscous.
- 1 quart homemade chicken stock (or quality store or butcher shop made stock)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups tricolor or plain Israeli couscous
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup feta cheese in brine, drained and crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped dill
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Add the butter, chicken stock, red pepper flakes and salt to a sauce pan. Bring to a boil and stir in the couscous quickly, then take off heat and put lid on. Let sit for 6-7 minutes, then mix in the herbs, lemon juice, zest, and a few slugs of olive oil. Let cool, add feta, mix, then serve.