Some good friends, Cintra and Grace, said they wanted more easy-to-make recipes. I reminded them that everything is easy, it all depends on how you look at it. They rolled their eyes, but I thought about what could be delicious, store-bought, and take just a few steps to make. We made a very easy pizza with supermarket flat-bread.
You can find pre-made flatbread in any grocery or special market, and most will have Mediterranean styled flatbread and Indian tandoori flatbread as well. Either will work perfectly. If you follow our recommendation to always have freshly made tzatziki on hand, then finish it off with a dollop after slicing the pizza. It’s a real winner.
- 2 traditional pieces of flatbread (if they don’t have Mediterranean then go with a traditional Indian or Naan)
- 1/2 cup cilantro, rough chopped
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Maldon sea salt, to taste but do not be shy
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 large jalapeno, seeded and thinly sliced
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Optional: Tzatziki
Outside the box: If you want a little kick, seed and slice a jalapeño pepper and spread over the pizzas before baking.
- Heat the oven to 425 degree, set a rack on the middle.
- Take a half baking sheet and line with tinfoil. Brush or liberally drizzle olive oil on both sides off the bread, place on sheet and evenly spread the ingredients on both breads.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes and serve with or without tzatziki.
Here are some other pizza ideas…
This is an emergency dish with many variations. If I was asked for a recipe that can be made withContinue Reading