We love a tasty biscuit, and like everything, there are thousands of recipes – we use several of them. These biscuits pack a spicy mix, and are quick to make.
- 2 cups White Lily self-rising flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 12 tablespoons of unsalted butter, frozen then shredded
- 1/2 cup very cold butter milk, mixed with 2 dashes of Sriracha sauce and 1 extra large egg straight from the refrigerator
- 1/2 cup jalapeño peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 cup extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 egg, beaten with a teaspoon of water
- 4 additional tablespoons of unsalted butter, melted (if you really want to hit it big, grab a herbed garlic butter at the market or specialty store instead)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Maldon sea salt for finishing
- Put the 12 tablespoons of butter in the freezer for 30 minutes, then take the wrappers off and put through a food processor grater. Put the container back in the freezer until needed
- Heat your oven to 425 degrees
- In a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the flour and kosher salt. Turn the mixer to low and add the butter. Be careful to handle gently and don’t press the grated butter together, as you want the butter to be even throughout the flour. When mixed, add the buttermilk mixture, then turn off when combined. Take care not to overdo this step
- Add the cheese and jalapeño, then turn the mixer to low until combined.
- Put the dough on a well-floured surface and knead 8 times, then roll out the dough until it’s about an inch thick. Cut into small squares anywhere to 2 inches in diameter, then place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush with the egg and water mixture, and bake for 15-17 minutes.
- Put the melted butter in a large bowl and toss the biscuits, then add the Parmesan and toss again, or you can just brush the butter on top and sprinkle the parmesan on top
- Put the biscuits on a serving platter and finish with Maldon sea salt.