A good bagel can be hard to find, and delicious tzatziki cream cheese to accompany it is even harder. Sometimes, you have to make it for yourself. This Greek mix of herbs and vegetables can put just about every processed vegetable cream cheese to shame. It’s a simple and great addition to any bagel.
- 8 ounces of cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 ounces of feta cheese, crumbled
- Zest of one lemon
- 1/2 cup hothouse cucumber, seeded and grated
- 1/4 cup red onion, rough chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, stems removed
- 3 tablespoons of fresh basil, stems removed
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- With a food processor fitted with a metal blade, toss in the garlic and mince, then add the herbs and red onion. Pulse until chopped into the size of confetti, then add the lemon zest, feta, cream cheese, grated cucumber, kosher salt and olive oil. Pulse until fully incorporated. Let sit in the refrigerator for at least two hours while the ingredients blend.