A good bagel can be hard to find, and delicious tzatziki cream cheese to accompany it is even harder. Sometimes, you have to make it for yourself. This Greek mix of herbs and vegetables can put just about every processed vegetable cream cheese to shame. It’s a simple and great addition to any bagel.
- 8 ounces of cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup hothouse cucumber, seeded and grated, and water squeezed
- 1/4 cup red onion, rough chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, stems removed
- 3 tablespoons of fresh basil, stems removed
- Kosher salt to taste
- With a food processor fitted with a metal blade, add the herbs and red onion. Pulse until chopped into the size of confetti, then add the cream cheese, grated cucumber, and kosher salt. Pulse until fully incorporated. Let sit in the refrigerator for at least two hours while the ingredients blend.