These baked treats are easy, cheap and spectacular…they come from our sweet and spicy bacon sticks that we discovered while traveling around the islands off of Maine with the hostess of the land, Cynthia Faulkner. and We made our way to an amazing restaurant, the Crown Jewel and the chef was kind enough to share her bacon recipe that we have now brought to this finger licking treat.
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds of chicken wings and drums, organic and small (not the ones that look like drumsticks)
- 1 cup of Sambal Oelek (ground fresh chili paste)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Turn the oven to 425 degrees, line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Add the Sambal sauce with the sugar and cook down in a small pot for 10 minutes, take 2/3 of the sauce and toss the wings then bake for 17-20 minutes, but 5 minutes before finishing, remove the rings and brush them with the remaining sauce
- Serve with a blue cheese cilantro sauce