I look forward to the day after any big meal because lunch will be switched-up leftovers, that is if there are any. When skillet chicken thighs are the left-overs, I make a quick chicken salad. We also have a more elaborate recipe that is amazing, butter leftovers, usually for one or two people, needs to be quick and easy since it’s just for a quick, but tasty lunch.
I just chop up the chicken in bite size chunks, toss it in a simple sauce with herbs and let it refrigerate for as long as I can so all of the flavors come together making it all the more delicious.
- The left over chicken, let’s say 4 large thighs, chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup 0% fat Greek yogurt
- 1teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon dill, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of red onion, peeled and chopped
- 1teaspoon of sherry wine vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Mix the mayonnaise, yogurt, mustard, dill, chives, onion and vinegar in a bowl, add to the chicken in portions until you have the right consistency. Take a taste and see if it needs salt and pepper they add as you see fit
- Refrigerate as long as you can as the flavors really come together over time.
Pingback: Skillet Roasted Chicken Thighs – Cooking Conveniently and with Purpose #LPBcooks