There is no better signal to wind-down a dinner party than passing out parting gifts. In other words, it’s time to depart y’all. Don’t get me wrong, I like a dinner to go late but since we do a lot of meals on work nights, there is that delicate balance of accommodating those who have buckled in for the long haul and those who have 6 AM wake-up calls. So, after dessert and coffee the conversation usually continues, especially these days.
Chocolate bark is an easy to do candy that all you really have to do is melt your favorite chocolate recipe on a double boiler, plop it on a small baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and throw whatever you like on top, put in the fridge for a few hours, chop it up and bag it and send them merrily on their way.
The better the chocolate, the better the bark.
- 8 ounces of milk chocolate, melted
- 8 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 4 ounces of white chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup of pistachio nuts shelled
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Flaky sea salt
- Melt the milk and semi-sweet chocolate in a double boiler, mix in the vanilla and let cool for a minute
- Take a small baking sheet and line it with parchment paper, plop the melted chocolate and plop it on and smooth it out with the spatular, you do not have to cover the entire sheet
- Throw on the white chocolate, pistachios and almonds and sea salt. Pick the baking sheet up and drop it flat on the counter to the topping get lodged in. Refrigerate for3 hours or so, chop up and serve or give as gifts