Carrots get a bad rap and most often used to make a soup, compliment a salad but the flavor can really be released with some thyme, kosher salt and butter. This is a quick, easy and delicious treat so accompany just about any main dish.
- 1 pound of carrots, peeled and cut diagnally (see above)
- 8 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 4-6 sprigs of thyme
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Place a sauté pan on medium heat, add the butter and let melt, then add the salt, thyme and carrots and sauté for 7 minutes, until the carrots are al dente, add pepper
- Remove carrots and put on a serving platter with the thyme sprigs and serve