Spicy pasta, lobster and shrimp topped with fresh basil make an great one dish dinner. There is a heap of cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes when you make the sauce and finish off the lobster and shrimp really wake this dish up.
- 1 pound of bucatini pasta
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, separated
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons of red pepper flakes, divided
- 15 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup basil, rough chopped
- 1 large lobster, lightly steamed to be finished of in the sauté pan
- 1 pound of fresh shrimp, shells on
- Make the pasta sauce by heating the olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of the red pepper flakes, tomato paste and mix together and continue to cook for 3 minutes, then add the cherry tomatoes for another 5-7 minutes, add the can of diced tomatoes and let simmer for 15 minutes
- Take a large pot and add two inches of water, add 1/4 cup salt, bring to a boil. Take the lobster and put a sharp knife on the top of the head and push down and cut forward, then steam for 7 minutes, let cool then separate the claws, knuckles, and tail (chop the tail down the middle.) Take a towel and put over the claw and knuckles and hammer them so they the shell is still intact but can be broken by hand. Wash out the cavity of the lobster body.
- Take a large sauté pan and heat 1/4 cup of olive oil, add 1 tablespoon of red pepper flakes and cayenne pepper over a medium flame, add the shrimp and all the lobster pieces, including the body, remove when shrimp are just cooked (do not overcook the shrimp)
- When the pasta is just shy of being al dente, mix into the tomatoes sauce over medium heat and add some of the pasta water. Salt and pepper to taster, put on a serving platter then place the lobster pieces on top, sprinkle basil all over