There is no replacement for freshly made pesto and it is very easy to make. I prefer pesto without the the pine nuts and sprinkle them toasted on whatever dish I am using the sauce with…adds great texture.
- 6 cups fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons of garlic
- 1 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil mixed with 1 tablespoon sherry wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Put the garlic in a food processor fitted with a steal blade and finely chop the garlic then add the basil and out the top back on and blend, as you do that slowly pour in the olive oil and vinegar blend
- Add the cheese, salt and pepper and mix for 30 seconds, taste and alter salt and pepper if you choose