We say mini-sandwiches others say sliders, regardless these tiny treats are a great snack or appetizer. I butterfly a chicken breast and let them marinate in the BBQ sauce for six hours. Pick any barbecue sauce or make your own. I have never made a sauce I like more than Sweet Baby Rays that you can buy in big jugs at Costco or in just about every supermarket around.
These are great for summer parties outside whether you want light snacks in the middle of the afternoon or to welcome guests with a hearty appetizer during cocktails will please all.
- 1 Package of mini potato rolls
- 4 pounds of chicken breasts, de-boned and skinless and then butterflied
- 1/2 pound cheddar cheese,thickly sliced
- Cole Slaw ( you will have a lot extra but can use later in the meal or some other time in the following 3-4 days. )
- Sweet Baby Ray’s Original BBQ sauce or your favorite
- Butterfly the chicken then cut into chunks that roughly match the size of the buns. Pour in some of the BBQ sauce and let sit in the refrigerator for 6 hours
- Make the Cole Slaw (in advance, gets better over time)
- Turn on the grill and grill buns, then brush with oil and put chicken on, about 4 minutes then flip, put more sauce on top then 1/4 slice of cheese, shut cover for 4 more minutes then put on the bun, top with cole slaw and put a long toothpick through it and serve hot
Pingback: Chicken Sandwich v. Chic-fil-A – Cooking Conveniently and with Purpose #LPBcooks
Pingback: Sunday Sandwiches – Cooking Conveniently and with Purpose #LPBcooks