I like a very simple Simple Bruschetta to have out on the table when people are seated so there is something immediately able to be nibbled on before you bring out the first course but the wine is already poured. This goes well with either white or red so is perfect for people to have a bite and conversation.
- 2 anchovy filets (or 1, this is personal preference)
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 cup Nicoise olives, pitted
- 1 cup green Sicilian olives, pitted
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon capers, chopped
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon each of fresh basil, parsley
- 1 teaspoon each of fresh oregano and rosemary leave
- First put the anchovies and garlic in the food processor fitted with a steal blade and finely chop. Then add everything else except for the olive oil. Pulse 4 times and add half of the olive oil, pulse two more times and add the rest. Pulse maybe once or twice more until all the ingredients have been chopped and mixed together. The flavors intensify if you let the dish rest for a few hours before serving.