I only make breakfast for work events at the Sphere Hill House or if there are a lot of people down in South Carolina for the weekend. When its the former, everything has to be ready at the same time. However, when at the beach for a weekend, people wake and eat at different times during the day. The all in one breakfast sandwich is an answer to each kind of meal.
A breakfast briefing with reporters or a round table with a politician means one thing: short on time. Since everyone wants to be talking, they don’t want the meal portion of the hour to take up too much of the allotted time. Just before everyone is seated I assemble the breakfast sandwiches and wrap them in tinfoil held warm in a 200 degree oven. The table is already set with a few bowls of mixed fruit to choose from. The houseterns will quickly toss a sandwich on each plate and it’s time to get to work.
This works just as well when we are at the beach house and people roll out of bed as they choose. I just have to reach in the oven and toss them their breaky and off to the fire pit for a casual start to the day.
- Herbed Scrambled Eggs by the Fire
- Jimmy Dean Hot Sausages in roll, made into 4 thin patties
- 1/2 of red bell pepper, seeded and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1/2 of a red onion, 1/4 inch thick
- Red pepper flakes
- 4 brioche hamburger buns, grilled
- LPB Cilantro Sauce
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Turn the oven on to 400 degrees and line two rimmed baking sheets with parchmont paper
- Toss the vegetables with some olive oil, pinch of red pepper flakes, salt and pepper on one sheet and the sausage patties on the other. Put both sheets in the oven for 13-15 minutes
- Grill the buns, put the sausage patty on the bun, cover with the ever so tasty herbed eggs, vegetables and then put a tablespoon of the cilantro sauce on the top bun, place on top of the eggs and serve or wrap in tinfoil and hold in a 200 degree oven
Another serving option…
If you are not up for a sandwich then do a deconstructed version by replacing the brioche buns with a grilled hearty slice of bread and turning the sausage into meatballs and serving on a plate or like we did above.