There is a great steakhouse in Washington, where we have probably spent way too much time over the years, that sits only blocks from the Capitol. They are known for a signature drink that can really warm a person up, so to speak. It’s simple to make, but you must plan three days ahead. While it’s traditionally called a Stoli Doli, I have found you can even use a more ‘discounted’ vodka, while still having the same tasty drink.
- Large serving container with a spout. (As our friend Kate points out: Be sure the spout is closed!) Alternatively, just a container you can cover.
- Martini glasses are a must. If you serve these in regular cocktail glasses, guests often forget they are drinking infused vodka. After a few messy gatherings, we started to serve them in martini glasses to encourage sipping! 🍸
- This is not a precise art as the number of pineapples needed depends on the size of your container. (Secret tip: Go to COSTCO to load up on the hooch and pineapples, which really cuts down on the cost of entertaining.)
- Cut off the rind of the pineapple 🍍 and discard
- Cut in one inch slices and stack, filling your container to the top
- Pour in vodka to the top
- Let sit for at least 3 days and as much as 14
- Pour into a shaker with ice and shake madly
- Pour into a martini glass and serve