We love all kinds of seafood and shellfish. We love it steamed, boiled, grilled, broiled, raw and just about any way it can be prepared. In addition to the guest of honor, a good sauce, dip, brush of olive oil & herbs, can make the dish even better.
Make this a day in advance and keep the leftovers for up to a week. Dill remooulade is a summer staple at our events whether we are frying crab-balls or making out peal and eat shrimp as an appetizer for a BBQ.
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons of chili sauce*
- 1 teaspoon of dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup cornichons, chopped finely (or a seeded crunch dill pickle
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped finely
- Lemon 🍋 , juiced
- 1 teaspoon of Old Bay seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of Worceschester
- Kosher salt and freshly ground white pepper to taste
- Fit your food processor with a steel blade and mince the garlic glove, add all of the other ingredients and pulse 4-6 times
- Refrigerate for at least two hours so the flavor intensifies
*Hat tip to Housetern Tate who confused ketchup with chili sauce when making this recipe…it only made it better.