Summer. Cook-Outs. Pool Parties.
I started to realize that sauces can really take a dish to another level and started to tinker around with making a cilantro sauce. For year I would make my way, late night, to The Diner, a 24 hour haunt that served a very tasty batch of grilled chicken wings with a cilantro dipping sauce. Of course, everything tastes great at 2 a.m., but this dish was a winner at any time of the day. The sauce is great from fried, grilled or baked chicken wings to using for our world famous fajitas bar.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot minced
- 1 large bunch of cilantro, stems removed, washed and dried
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 limes, juiced
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Put the garlic, shallot and cilantro in the food processor fitted with the steel blade and mince the three
- Add the sour cream, cream cheese, lime juice, vinegar, olive oil, salt & pepper and pulse until fully incorporated
- Optional: 3-5 dashes of tobacco sauce