New England is ground zero for all sorts of seafood salads. An all-time favorite is shrimp salad for casual and larger events. It’s uptown sister, the lobster roll, is for special and smaller occasions, as it is labor intensive, time consuming and quite expensive.
But the shrimp roll never disappoints.
- 4 pounds shrimp, peeled, deveined and tail off
- 4 sticks of unsalted butter, cut into 16 pieces
- 1 stick of unsalted butter at room tempertature
- 6 tablespoons of Pernod
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 2 garlic cloves peeled and smashed
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- Juice of one lemon and the zest
- Garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 2 bay leaves
- 32 mini hot dog rolls from your baker or Amazon
- Seafood salad mix
- In a large sauce pan bring the Pernod to a boil, then immediately reduce the heat to low and whisk in the butter, one chunk at a time until emulsified.
- Add the lemon juice and zest, bay leaves, mustard, dill teaspoon of kosher salt, and if you want a little heat, a pinch of cayenne. Mix it all and add the shrimp and cook for up to 8 minutes.
- Mix all the ingredients in the sauce and let stand for an hour to let the flavors blend
- Some people like creamy, some people want the shrimp to stand out, so measure in the amount of the sauce that you like and mix thoroughly
- Refrigerate for two hours to bring all the flavors to together
- Turn the griddle on medium, lightly spread the remaining stick of butter on the rolls and grill them, add the shrimp and serve immediately as they get soggy fast
You can also make them for a lunch entree as well.
Pingback: Super Bowl Sunday Menu – Cooking Conveniently and with Purpose
Pingback: Labor Day Weekend Lunch – Cooking Conveniently and with Purpose #LPBcooks
Pingback: Sunday Sandwiches – Cooking Conveniently and with Purpose #LPBcooks
Pingback: Holiday Party Ideas – Cooking Conveniently and with Purpose #LPBcooks
Pingback: Cooking Conveniently and with Purpose #LPBcooks
Pingback: Memorial Day Barbecue – Cooking Conveniently and with Purpose #LPBcooks