- 4 – 6 pounds boneless chicken breasts, sliced into 1/2 inch strips
- 6 eggs
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 cups Tobasco sauce
- 4 cups self rising flour
- 1/2 cup plus 2 teaspoons freshly ground pepper seperated
- 1/2 cup garlic powder
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- Peanut or canola oil for frying
- 1 cup of Marie’s Blue Cheese Dressing
- 3 tablespoons of Sriracha
- 13 3/4 quart Staub cast-iron round cocotte or any other cast iron large pot
- 4 inch wire skimmer with wooden handle, 12 inches long
- Silver tongs
- Paper bags from the grocery market
- Candy thermometer
- Beat the eggs, water and hot sauce in a mixing bowl
- In another bowl, sift the flour and 2 teaspoons of pepper together
- In a third bowl, mix the garlic powder, 1/2 cup of pepper and 1/4 cup of kosher salt and season the chicken
Time to Cook
- Fill the pot halfway with oil and put in the candy thermometer. This is easiest with a gas stove 🔥 but use a medium to high setting to heat the temperature to 350 degrees.
- Take the seasoned chicken and dip in the egg batter, followed by the flour mix. Do not do this too far in advance. Use the tongs to gently drop the chicken in the oil. Do in batches as you do not want the oil to cool too much.
- Depending on the size of each piece, the cooking should take 4 minutes. Test and see.
- Place the cooked chicken on a paper bag, before serving on a platter.
- Serve with the mix of blue cheese dressing and Sriracha