There are two kinds of Greek salads at LPB 🐟 : Summer ☀️ and Winter ⛄️ . It’s all about the tomato 🍅 and in the summer it is the star attraction of the salad with no need to crowd the stage. However in the winter you have to toss in some tasty additions to male the salad whole.
- One pound of crisp and washed Romaine lettuce, torn into 2 inch leaves
- 1 hothouse cucumber, unpeeled but seeded and cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 pound of Cherry tomatoes, cut in half (the more exotic the better, or a mix of red and yellow)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/3 pound of peppadews, drained
- 1 16 oz jar of marinated pepperoncini peppers, drained
- 1/2 of a red onion, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese that came in brine, strained
30 minutes before serving, in a large wooden salad bowl, toss the cucumber, tomatoes, bell pepper, peppadews, pepperoncini peppers, red onion and feta cheese with the half of the Mediterranean Vinaigrette and let the flavors come together.
Just before serving mix in the lettuce and determine if you need more dressing, if not store for another time.