I first started making this vinaigrette for Greek salads then found it great to marinate chicken or brush on a simply grilled fish. It’s easy and you can store it for a few weeks. I was lucky enough to get to know the 1st generation US citizens on the Greek side of the family who cooked all day and all night. I picked up a lot of cooking tips through some pretty thick accents from George, Sophie, Tony and the others. Opa!
- 1 shallot, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled a chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon of fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons of dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup sherry wine vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
Put the shallot, garlic, oregano, mustard, sherry wine vinegar, salt and pepper into a blender and mix on medium for a minute, slowing at the oil to make an emulsion.
0 comments on “Mediterranean Vinaigrette”