You are not likely to find these treats at a Belgium fine chocolate shop, but if you want to go light on dessert after a massive feast, set these on plates so people can nibble, chat and drink as the night winds down.
- 1 1/2 cup of milk chocolate
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 teaspoon of peppermint flavor (optional)
- 3 cups of finely chopped corn flakes
- 1 cup finely chopped almonds
Melt chocolate over a double boiler, add peppermint flavoring, cereal and almonds, mix and scoop onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Refrigerate for at least two hours. Keep for several weeks, in the unlikely event you don’t eat them all on the first day.