I usually pick up home-made tarter sauce from my butcher, but even Whole Foods has a decent tartar sauce. If you cannot get a good quality store bought sauce then go through this painless effort. If it is not refrigerated at your store just keep walking down the aisle.
- 1 tablespoon of creme fraiche
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 1/2 tablespoon of finely chopped cornichons or dill pickles if you must
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped capers
- 1 teaspoon of dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Mix all of the ingredients together and refrigerate for at least two hours.