Feta is the heart of every Greek kitchen and can be grilled, baked, marinated, blended and the list goes on. Marinating feta in herbs and spices can really bring out the flavor. It can be served as an appetizer, tossed in a salad or about anything else you can think of.
- 1 pound of feta cheese in brine, cubed into 1/2 inch pieces
- Good olive oil, enough to cover the cubed cheese and herbs
- 6 stems of fresh thyme
- 3 stems of fresh rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves, each cut in three
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
Mix all the ingredients together and cover with olive oil. Let it rest at room tempertature for 4 -6 hours and serve.