I use this powerful sauce to accompany a filet of beef, but it can also be used with just about any other steak, especially rib-eyes. If you do not want the burden of making bernaise sauce as people are gathering to sit, make this just before the guests come and leave it out, covered, so it’s room temperature for serving. This should be made to taste, depending on how much punch you want it to have. Add the ingredients in increments, so that you get the desired taste.
- 1 cup of real sour cream. (If you are looking to diet , serve fish 🐟).
- 5-6 tablespoons of prepared and drained horseradish (you do not want watery sauce). ⛔️ 💦
- 1/2 to 1 tablespoon of Maille* dijon mustard
- 1/2 to 1 tablespoon of Maille* whole grain dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup finely chopped chives
*The better the ingredients, the better the outcome, so I always prefer Maille. Our friend Julianna studied in Paris and would go to the Le Maison Maille to enjoy their wide varieties of mustards and other 🇫🇷 staples. She had her own jar and would refill from what is best described as a mustard tap. It’s a foodie’s embassy when traveling.
- Put the sour cream in the bowl and add all of the ingredients in increments for your desired taste. Serve at room temperature.