Easy and simple, do not get store-bought as they are dry, old and tired. I think for just about every meal we prepare at least one batch of crostini toasts.
- 1 hard crusted baguette from your bakery or if your supermarket has the capacity to make artisan breads. Chain supermarkets usually make a loaf a bread shaped as a baguette and they just do not work.
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper
- 1 to 2 peeled garlic cloves with 1/3 sliced off the top
- Half banking sheet
- Serrated bread knife
- Kitchen brush
- Slice the baguette in 1/2 inch pieces
- Liberally brush with olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place on baking sheet
Time to cook
- Set oven to 400 degrees
- Cook for 10-12 minutes and watch carefully at the end, they burn quickly
- Let cool and rub each slice once with the clove of garlic