This is a great side-dish for just about anything and has a nice kick to it. It is very easy to make and has always been a big hit.
- 2 cups of Rice Select, Tri-colored Pearl Couscous if you can find it, If not, regular pearl couscous will do. I but them in bulk on Amazon.
- 1 1/2 cup of homemade chicken stock
- 12 blistered jalapeno peppers, peeled, seeded and the stem removed
- Teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 6 ounces of feta cheese packaged in brine, crumbled
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees
- Toss the jalapenos with olive oil, salt and pepper. Put parchment paper on baking sheet and spread out the jalapenos and put in the oven and roast for 12 minutes. The peppers should blister but not burn. Take the baking sheet out of the over and cool. Cut the peppers down the middle, take the seeds out and cut off the stems. Chop and set aside.
- In the Dutch oven, take the chicken stock, salt, pepper and butter and bring to a boil. Add the pearl couscous and stir, reduce heat to simmer in cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Fluff the couscous with a fork, add jalapeno peppers, crumble the feta cheese and add to the dutch over
- Serve immediately